Sunday, February 6, 2011

March of Dimes & The Doctor...







Purple. Walking. Awareness. Prematurity. March. April. Spring. Family. Friends. Babies. Support. Money. All these words comes to mind when I think of March of Dimes. It's getting to be that time again! I am signed up and registered, 2nd year in a row, to walk in memmory of Naomi and a friend I have spoken with through the preeclampsia foundation. She and I have spoken alot, have not "met" yet but we will be to help and prepare for for the walk. She lost her sweet son Benji Spider, born prematurely due to preeclampsia as well. She offered for us to be a team together and I JUMPED at the chance. Such a sweet woman, and I am glad we are going to be able to do this together. Our walk date is April 30th. Last year I walked, and I was a few months pregnant with her sweet sister Sadie, I did the 3 miles and did stay hydrayted. I wanted to do so. This year, her sister will be coming along as well as many of my friends and family to support us in this. I am excited.

It also falls around what would be Naomi's 2nd birthday. So I will always walk every year in memmory and honor of her & do something special, make cupcakes for her and donate toys or clothing in her name. I am trying to send out info, every where possible, to help raise awareness for prematurity.

Our team name is Spider's Hope. My friend Holly came up with it, both of our babies middle names together. I think it goes really well and keeps both of them in our team name too. http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?si=E9805160-953F-446D-846A-6150C3761725&u=NaomiSadie916. I included the link as well if you would like to donate. Every dollar amount is GREATLY appreciated. THANK YOU!


A day ago, I came across this picture, with this doctor on my friends facebook page. (I kindly messaged her asking if I can use it, and she said of course, for on my blog, so THANK YOU!, I explained how I always talk about Naomi and just need to get htings off my chest here in my blog, it helps). She had this wonderful doctor throughout her pregnancy.

Who is he you ask? Well he is one of the doctors in my old ob's practice, that I did not have. I have this female ob, which I strongly regret, but who was I to know things would go the way they did? She did not listen to me one bit. I KNEW MY BODY, I read things in the books, it just didn't seem right. Anyways, when I was admitted into the hospital that weekend, she was gone on vacation. And this amazing doctor, came in the morning of April 27, 2009, and explained who he was, Dr Jay Cohen (quite handsome might I add) and that he was another doctor on the team and was going to perform my emergency c section with Naomi.

When I saw this picture, I forgot she had it. And I froze. His face, him, brings back so many memories. He was such a caring and sweet doctor. I remember him talking to me throughout surgery and I couldn't figure out why, but it was just to make sure I was still there and alert and okay. The radio was playing, he was singing to the music, as "Home" by Chris Daughtry came on. We all know how I feel about that song, as Naomi was born into this world.

He kissed me on my forehead and said what a great job I did. He was all in all a great doctor, even tho I never before really seen him, I will FOREVER remember this man. I just see his face, and AUTOMATICALLY, remember the OR table and him, and everything. Naomi, I miss you and love you so much. There is not a day that I do not think about your or miss you. I see you in your little sister, she reminds me of you, she reminds me that you are not here, but she puts smiles on my face. When you're sister cries, I sometimes come out in the kitchen and there you are in a video or picture, and I swear, I feel as if you are coming to "check up" and say "its okay sissy". I will love you, forever and my baby youll be.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hi, I found your blog through the faces of loss blog. Both of your girls are beautiful. I am your new follower. I hope you find the time to check out and follow my blogs!

www.preemiedays1.blogspot.com
www.privettblog.blogspot.com

Jill said...

awe really? Thank you so much. :) Yes I will definitely check out your blogs!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios